2 cups of water
1 ½ tablespoons of sesame oil
7 ounces of sushi rice
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
8 bacon slices
½ avocado, sliced for sushi
¼ cucumber, julienned
2 ounces of smoked salmon, pulled
- Heat the water in a pot over low heat, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, the sushi rice, and stir. Cover with the lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, rice vinegar, and the remaining sesame oil to a bowl. Mix until even.
- Lay the bacon strips side by side slightly overlapping each other on a plastic-lined rolling mat for sushi.
- Evenly spread the cooked rice over the lower half of the overlapping bacon strips. Add the avocado, cucumber, and salmon along the lower side of the rice spread.
- Roll using the mat. Trim off the unnecessary bacon and cut the roll into 2 or 3 smaller ones.
- Heat a little oil in a pan over high heat and add the rolls. Fry for 2 minutes on all sides.
- Serve them cut into sushi portions on a tray.