Ingredients Needed for Polenta Mini-Pizzas
For the polenta: 8 cups of water
2 cups of cornflour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil For the veggies: 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small bell pepper, chopped (or you can use parts from different colored peppers)
2 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
½ cup parmesan, grated
1-ounce salami, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of low moisture mozzarella, grated
1-ounce crispy bacon
fresh basil for garnishing
chili flakes for serving
How to Cook Polenta Mini-Pizzas
- For the polenta: Heat salted water in a cooking pot and cook the cornflour according to the instructions on the package. Remove from heat.
- Coat an 11 x 7 x 2 inches (28 x 18 x 5 cm) baking pan with the vegetable oil using a brush.
- Transfer the polenta to the pan and evenly spread it. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- For the veggies: Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat and add the chopped bell pepper. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the mushroom slices to the same skillet. Cook and stir them until they start turning brown.
- Assemble the mini-pizzas: Cut 6 polenta discs using a 3-inch round cookie cutter.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and place the polenta discs on it.
- Top them with the grated mozzarella, then add the sliced mushroom on three of them and the salami slices on the other three.
- Divide the cooked bell pepper and crispy bacon between the polenta discs, top them with mozzarella, and garnish with basil leaves.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C. Optionally, serve them sprinkled with some chili flakes.