Calories: 895 kCal / serving
- 20 g
- 21 g
- 84 g
Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Mutton Chops With Eggplant Puree
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
rosemary leaves, fresh
basil leaves, fresh
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 ounce butter
4 mutton chops
½ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
⅓ cup heavy cream
pomegranate seeds for garnishing
How to Make Pan-Fried Mutton Chops With Eggplant Puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Cut the eggplant in halves, lengthwise. Put the halves in a baking tray.
- Score the eggplant using the criss-cross method.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over them.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil on the eggplant halves.
- Add some rosemary and basil leaves on top and bake them for 20 minutes.
- When the eggplant is cooked and soft, scoop out the pulp using a spoon and add it in a vertical mixer bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and the butter.
- Mix the eggplant until you make a paste.
- Sprinkle salt, turmeric, nutmeg, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the mutton chops. Coat them with this mixture using your fingers.
- Put 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and heat it.
- Fry the chops for 5-7 minutes on their first side, depending on how cooked you want them. Turn them over and fry for more 4-5 minutes, until well browned. Also, cook the fat side down, until crispy.
- Remove the chops from the skillet and set them aside. In the remaining oil, add the heavy cream and mix until it thickens and makes a sauce.
- Serve the mutton chops with white sauce, eggplant puree, and some fresh pomegranate seeds.