Ingredients Needed for Orecchiette and Beef Casserole
2 tablespoons of olive oil
7 ounces of orecchiette
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup parmesan, grated
1 medium onion, sliced
1 spring onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
½ cup canned tomatoes
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 cup cheddar, grated
How to Make Orecchiette and Beef Casserole
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt. Add the orecchiette and boil for 15 minutes.
- Transfer them to a bowl. Add the heavy cream and half of the grated parmesan. Mix until even.
- Layer the cooked pasta into a roomy casserole. We’ve chosen an 8 x 5 inches oval one. Add the remaining parmesan and bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to a saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and spring onion. Cook and stir until softened.
- Add the ground beef and break it into smaller pieces. Cook for 10 minutes until browned. Occasionally stir in the process.
- Add the canned tomatoes and stir them in. Season with salt and Italian seasoning. Stir them in and remove from heat.
- Start layering on top of the pasta, first 1/2 cup of grated cheddar, the cooked beef and then the remaining cheddar. Bake for 30 minutes at 340⁰F/170⁰C.