Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breast
With a delicious filling of mushrooms, onion, and chives, this chicken roulade might be the best idea for tonight’s dinner. You can make it in less than an hour, and it will surely please everyone who tries it. For the side, we recommend baby corn, caramelized with soy sauce, honey, and flavored with some fiery hot jalapenos!
Ingredients Needed for Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breast
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of butter
8 mushrooms, chopped
7 ounces of chicken breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 baby corns
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
5 cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
How to Make Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Level the chicken with a meat tenderizer and season it with salt and pepper. Top the meat with mushrooms and chives.
- Now start from the end next to you and carefully roll towards the opposite end, so you don’t lose any of the filling. Secure the meat with a string, making a few knots in the process.
- Lay the chicken in a baking tray, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast it for the next 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the veggies. Melt the remaining butter in a skillet. Add the baby corns and a pinch of salt. Pour the soy sauce and honey and let it caramelize. Add jalapenos, cherry tomatoes, and a few more chives, and leave everything on heat for 2 more minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and slice it. Serve it next to the caramelized veggies.