Ingredients Needed for Mexican Ground Beef and Rice Tortilla Casserole
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 white onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, slices
2 chili peppers s, slices
½ teaspoon garlic powder
10 ounces of ground beef
¼ cup chicken stock
⅓ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of salsa sauce
⅔ cup cooked white bean
2 tortilla wraps
1 cup cooked rice
⅔ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Mexican Ground Beef and Rice Tortilla Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and braise the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili, garlic powder, and ground beef.
- Stir, add salt and pepper and cook until the beef is brown and cooked through.
- Add the chicken stock, tomato sauce, and salsa sauce. Mix and simmer.
- Add the white beans, then mix and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Divide the cooked mixture into three equal parts. Put one-third of it in a round baking dish and spread it in an even layer, then lay one tortilla wrap over it. Add 1/2 cup (125 grams) of cooked rice and spread it in an even layer.
- Continue with one more layer of beef mixture, tortilla wrap, and cooked rice.
- Add the last part of beef mixture and spread it all over.
- Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes.