Ingredients Needed for Meatball Stuffed Bread Loaf
7 ounces of minced meat
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
0.5 ounce - parmesan, grated
1 cup tomato sauce
1 bread loaf, oval-shaped
3.5 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
How to Make Meatball Stuffed Bread Loaf
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Add the minced meat in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried oregano.
- Add the egg and breadcrumbs.
- Add the parmesan.
- Mix everything and shape the meatballs using your hands. Make about 6-8 meatballs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the meatballs on all sides until brown. When ready, set them aside.
- Put the tomato paste in other skillet, on medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper. If you want a thinner sauce, you can add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Simmer for about 5-7 more minutes, then set it aside.
- Cut the top crust of the bread and scoop out the inside.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the bread loaf, lay the meatballs, then top everything with shredded mozzarella.
- Lay a baking tray with a parchment paper sheet and place the stuffed loaf on it.
- Transfer the bread loaf to the oven and bake it for 20 minutes.
- When ready, let it cool down a little, then serve!