Ingredients Needed for Savory Penne Mac and Cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup flour
2 cups of milk
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
½ cup provolone, shredded
½ cup gruyère, shredded
12 ounces of penne, cooked
½ cup breadcrumbs
How to Cook Savory Penne Mac and Cheese
- Heat a skillet over low heat and start melting 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Increase the heat to medium, and add the garlic and flour.
- Gradually stir in the milk, while stirring constantly. Cook until smooth.
- Add the 3 types of cheese one at a time, stirring in the process.
- Add the cooked penne and stir.
- Heat a separate skillet over low heat and melt the remaining butter.
- Add the breadcrumbs and stir until they have absorbed all of the butter.
- Grab a ceramic baking tray and add the penne. Top them with the breadcrumbs.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.