Ingredients Needed for Layered Crepes With Caramelized Apples
2 store-bought crepes
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup walnuts
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1 apple, cut into cubes
How to Cook Layered Crepes With Caramelized Apples
- Use a square cutter (about 2 inches/5 cm side) to cut two squares of each crepe.
- Melt the sugar in a skillet over low heat.
- When the sugar is golden, add the butter. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- When the butter is melted and foamy, add the walnuts, cinnamon stick, star anise, and apple.
- Cook the walnuts and apples on low heat and stir often to caramelize them.
- Squeeze the orange into the skillet and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Lay a crepe on a plate and add one or two tablespoons of the caramelized walnut and apple mixture.
- Continue layering the crepes, and walnut and apple mixture, until you finish all the ingredients.