Ingredients Needed for Roasted Watermelon
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons of dried coriander
1 medium watermelon
2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
How to Cook Roasted Watermelon
- Fill a roomy plastic box halfway with water and salt it. Add Cajun seasoning, oregano, and coriander. Mix them in.
- Place the watermelon on the work surface. Cut its ends off and skin it.
- Submerge it into the spiced water and marinate it for 3 hours.
- Remove it from the box and pat it with a kitchen towel. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the marinated watermelon on it.
- Roast for 5 hours at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from oven and place it on the work surface again. Score it using a knife.
- Transfer it to a heat-proof roomy skillet. Mix the BBQ sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl. Coat the roasted watermelon with this mixture.
- Add the rosemary sprigs. Roast for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.