Ingredients Needed for Honey-Glazed Shrimp and Rice
6 ounces of rice
1 piece ginger root of about 1 inch / 2.5 cm
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
7 ounces of shrimp
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
spring onion for garnishing
How to Cook Honey-Glazed Shrimp and Rice
- Fill a cooking pot halfway with water, place it on high heat and when it starts boiling bring the heat to low. Add the rice.
- Peel the ginger (of about 1 inch / 2.5 cm) and halve it. Shred one half and dice the other one. Add the shredded ginger to the boiling rice. Cook and stir for approximately 12 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced ginger. Crush the garlic and add it to the skillet. Also, add the honey. When the ginger and garlic start turning brown add the soy sauce and stir.
- Add the shrimp and the lemon juice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the rice and the shrimp together in a bowl with some chopped spring onion sprinkled over.