Fish and Chicken Taco
It’s taco time, again! This time let’s prepare our own tortillas, which is pretty easy, and you should do it at least once in your lifetime. Then let’s concoct the hearty filling. We’ll do that with chicken breast and Zander fish mainly and serve everything on a bed of lettuce. There is your taco!
Ingredients Needed for Fish and Chicken Taco
1 pound flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 ounces butter
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
15 ounces chicken breast (3 halves), cubed
3 bell peppers, cut into sticks
6 ounces Zander fillets (3 fillets), diced
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
2 teaspoons soy sauce
lettuce, chopped (for serving)
How to Make Fish and Chicken Taco
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the dough mixer bowl. Mix them shortly.
- Add the butter. Mix until even using your hands.
- Keep mixing using the dough mixer and gradually add the water in the process.
- Dust the work surface and portion the dough into equal pieces. These will become tortillas (we’ve ended up with 6 of them).
- Flatten them using the rolling pin then cut them into discs by using an upside-down plate and a knife.
- Heat a pan over low heat and add the dough discs to it one at a time. Cook them until they swell and brown spots start appearing on their surface.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over low heat, then add the onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- Add the chicken breast and turn the heat to medium. Cook and stir until the meat starts changing color.
- Add the bell peppers and stir them in.
- Add the diced fish, the taco seasoning, and soy sauce. Stir them in.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes or slightly more.
- Serve each tortilla topped with this mixture on a bed of chopped lettuce.