Calories: 556 kCal / serving
- 31 g
- 17 g
- 70 g
Ingredients Needed for Fish and Chicken Taco
1 pound flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 ounces butter
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
15 ounces chicken breast (3 halves), cubed
3 bell peppers, cut into sticks
6 ounces Zander fillets (3 fillets), diced
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
2 teaspoons soy sauce
lettuce, chopped (for serving)
How to Make Fish and Chicken Taco
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the dough mixer bowl. Mix them shortly.
- Add the butter. Mix until even using your hands.
- Keep mixing using the dough mixer and gradually add the water in the process.
- Dust the work surface and portion the dough into equal pieces. These will become tortillas (we’ve ended up with 6 of them).
- Flatten them using the rolling pin then cut them into discs by using an upside-down plate and a knife.
- Heat a pan over low heat and add the dough discs to it one at a time. Cook them until they swell and brown spots start appearing on their surface.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over low heat, then add the onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- Add the chicken breast and turn the heat to medium. Cook and stir until the meat starts changing color.
- Add the bell peppers and stir them in.
- Add the diced fish, the taco seasoning, and soy sauce. Stir them in.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes or slightly more.
- Serve each tortilla topped with this mixture on a bed of chopped lettuce.