Ingredients Needed for Extra-Cheesy Chilaquiles with Fried Eggs
2 cups of canned tomatoes
1 large onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, sliced
¼ cup fresh parsley
1 tablespoon smoked chili paste
⅓ cup brown sugar
5 ounces of tortilla chips (1 bag)
1 cup feta, crumbled
1 ½ cups of cheddar, grated
3 fried eggs
3 radishes, thinly sliced (2 - 3 radishes)
How to Cook Extra-Cheesy Chilaquiles with Fried Eggs
- Add the canned tomatoes, onion, garlic, most of the fresh parsley, and the smoked chili paste to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer 1/2 of the blend to a saucepan over low heat. As it starts bubbling season with salt (2 teaspoons) and pepper. Add the brown sugar. Stir in and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 of all tortilla chips and carefully stir them in. Try not to crush them in the process.
- Continue by adding 1/2 of all the crumbled feta and grated cheddar, the remaining parsley, and tortilla chips.
- Finish by pouring on top the remaining tomato blend, add the remaining feta and cheddar, and top with the fried eggs.
- Garnish with radishes, cover the pan with the lid, and cook for 15 minutes.