Ingredients Needed for Creamy Chicken and Veggie Stew 3 ounces of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
⅔ cup chicken stock
⅔ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon seven spice
10 ounces of leftover chicken breast, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
1 cup peas
7 ounces of store-bought pizza dough
3 cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
How to Cook Creamy Chicken and Veggie Stew
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Heat a saucepan over medium fire and melt the butter. Add flour to thicken it, and pour the chicken stock. Whisk until the mixture becomes thick and dry.
- Add the heavy cream and constantly stir until the sauce becomes smooth and creamy. Season with salt, pepper and seven spices. Add the chicken, carrots, potato, and peas. Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for about 8-10 minutes. When ready, add the stew in an enamel saucepan.
- Crack the egg and whisk it. Use it to brush the top of the saucepan and cover it with the pizza dough. Use a fork and superficially pinch the dough. Once you’ve added it, brush with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Before serving, cut through the pizza dough, and transfer the stew in bowls. Serve it with a touch of parsley on top.