Ingredients Needed for Cod Burger
2 cod fillets (4-ounce each)
¼ cup flour
2 whisked eggs
¼ cup panko
1 ounce cheddar
1 teaspoon butter
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
2 buns, halved
2 tablespoons of honey mustard
2 ounces of baby spinach
1 medium tomato, sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
How to Cook Cod Burger
- Heat a deeper frying pan halfway with vegetable oil and heat it over medium heat. Coat the cod fillets with flour, whisked egg, and panko.
- Fry for 3 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Transfer to a roomy baking dish and top each fillet with 1 slice of Cheddar. Bake for 5 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the butter and rosemary to a skillet over low heat. Stir in until the butter melts.
- Place the bun halves bottom-up into the skillet. Fry for 2 minutes.
- For the first burger, spread 1 tablespoon of mustard on the bun’s lower half. Add 1 ounce of baby spinach, 2 – 3 tomato slices, 1 cod fillet, and 1/2 onion’s onion rings. Top with the bun’s upper half. Follow these steps for the remaining ingredients.