Ingredients Needed for Chicken Kabsa
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of chicken breast, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small onion, chopped
1 small carrot
½ cup canned tomatoes
½ cup tomato sauce
5 ounces of rice
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 teaspoon seven spice
½ teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Chicken Kabsa
- Heat the vegetable oil in an ovenproof cooking pot over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook it until golden on each side.
- Add the garlic, onion, and give it a good stir.
- Add the carrot and pour the canned tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add the rice and pour the vegetable stock. Season with salt, pepper, and start adding the remaining spices (seven spice, cloves, cardamom, cumin powder, and nutmeg).
- Stir well and simmer for the next 30 minutes. Preheat the oven 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Move the cooking pot to the oven and bake for 20 more minutes.