Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Butterfish-Stuffed Pastry Cups
For the dough:
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup flour
½ cup yogurt (3-4 ounces)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the filling:
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, diced
4 ounces of frozen spinach, thawed
10 ounces of smoked butterfish, shredded
1 egg, whisked
4 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, grated
1 teaspoon lemon juice
How to Make Cheesy Butterfish-Stuffed Pastry Cups
- For the dough:
Mix the yeast and sugar water. Mix until even.
- Add the flour and yeast mixture to the dough mixer bowl and start mixing.
- Gradually add the yogurt, vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon of water while mixing. Continue to mix until you have a dough.
- Form the dough into a lump, place it into a bowl, cover with a towel, and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Dust the work surface with flour, then flatten the dough using a rolling pin. Cut dough discs using a 3-inch diameter circular cookie cutter. In the end, we’ve got 6 of them.
- Use them to line the cups from a 6 cupcake pan. Prick each dough cup’s bottom with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- For the filling:
Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the onion. Cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and smoked butterfish and season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to medium, cook and stir for up to 2 minutes.
- Add the whisked egg, grated mozzarella, and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 3 more minutes, or until the cheese starts melting.
- Fill the pastry cups with this mixture, then bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.