Ingredients Needed for Cauliflower and Quinoa Cupcakes
1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
8 ounces of cauliflower
½ tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, diced
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 cup quinoa
¼ cup grated parmesan
2 ounces of baby spinach, chopped
½ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
2 eggs, whisked
4 lemons wedges
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
How to Cook Cauliflower and Quinoa Cupcakes
- Bring a medium cooking pot halfway-filled with water to a boil over medium heat, salt it and add the cauliflower florets. Cook them until fork tender or for 15-20 minutes. Add them to a blender and blend. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat, add the onion and cook it until tender. Add the yellow and red bell pepper, season with salt and pepper, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Cooking the quinoa:
Rinse it under cold water using a strainer, transfer to a smaller-medium cooking pot filled halfway with boiling water. Cook for 15-20 minutes, then strain it.
- Transfer the cooked veggies to a bowl, add the blended cauliflower, cooked quinoa, parmesan, and baby spinach. Season with salt and pepper and add the whisked eggs. Mix everything using a spatula.
- Spray olive oil into each cup of the 6 cup cupcake tin. Fill them with the veggie mixture and bake for 25 minutes at 370⁰F/185⁰C.
- Serve the cupcakes on a bed of green salad with cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges.