Ingredients Needed for Burgers in Fluffy Homemade Buns
⅔ cup warm water
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 ½ teaspoons of dried yeast
10 ounces of flour plus extra for kneading
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of milk
1 tablespoon black and white sesame seeds
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 red onion, diced
1 baby spinach
1 red cabbage, shredded
1 pound ground beef
4 cheddars cheese
How to Cook Burgers in Fluffy Homemade Buns
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
- Combine the warm water, 1 teaspoon of sugar and dried yeast in a food processor bowl. Stir well and let the ingredients sit for 5 minutes, until the yeast start to make small bubbles.
- Start to process the mixture: add the olive oil and one egg and gradually incorporate the flour. Check the dough. If it’s sticky, add extra flour and process again until you obtain a firm ball.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 6-8 minutes until it turns smooth and elastic. Let it rest for half an hour.
- Knead the dough again and form 4 burger buns. Place them on a cookie sheet.
- Make the egg wash by whisking the remaining egg with the milk. Brush the buns with this mixture and sprinkle them with black and white sesame seeds.
- Bake them for 40 minutes. Let them cool on a wire rack.
- In the meantime, take a bowl and combine the mayonnaise, mustard, 1 teaspoon of sugar and vinegar. Stir well to get a smooth mixture.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Form 4 burger patties and fry them until they become golden-brown on each side.
- Assemble the burgers: slice each burger bun in half and grease the bottom part with mayonnaise.
- Layer the ingredients as follows: diced red onion, a few leaves of baby spinach, shredded red cabbage, burger patty and Cheddar a cheese slice. Close the burger with the other bun and serve!