Ingredients Needed for Beet Fritters
2 medium-sized potatoes
1 small onion
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flour
1 cup vegetable oil for frying
heavy cream (optional)
How to Make Beet Fritters
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add water, and bring it to a boil. Add the beets and cook them for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
- Next – shred the beets and the potatoes, and add them to a large bowl. Add the onion, baking powder, eggs, salt, and pepper. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon on top of the bowl. Add the flour, and mix everything until smooth.
- Shape the mixture into 3 inches (7.5 cm) long fritters, around 0.2 inches (0.5 cm) thick.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes on each side, until crispy.
- You can serve them topped with some heavy cream and parsley!