Beef Wellington is a classic dish which gets all of the attention when served during family dinner. And it’s easy to understand why. The succulent and rosy beef is well tucked in a crunchy puff pastry blanket. So, if you are planning an intimate gathering, look no further than this wonderful meal! And don’t worry! You don’t have to be a chef to master it.
Ingredients Needed for Beef Wellington
1 pound beef tenderloin
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of mustard
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
How to Make Beef Wellington
- Preheat the oven to 370°F/185°C.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet at high heat and start cooking the meat.
- Fry for about 2 minutes on each side and 1 minute on the sides.
- When ready, remove it from the pan and let it rest.
- In the meantime, finely slice the mushrooms and mix them in a blender.
- Heat another skillet, add mushrooms and fry them for about a minute.
- Place the puff pastry on a wooden board and spread mushrooms in the middle of it.
- Place the mushrooms so that you can cover them with the beef tenderloin.
- Add it and spread mustard all over the beef’s surface.
- Break the egg, egg wash it, and spread it on the sides of the pastry.
- Keep some egg wash for later.
- Carefully wrap the pastry so that you cover the meat and don’t lose any flavor, then turn it upside down.
- Place the puff pastry in a baking tray, spread the remaining egg wash on its surface and add a pinch of salt.
- Cook it for 35 minutes.