Healthy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Chicken goes excellent with rice, especially when they’re cooked together in the oven in a delicious casserole, like the one below. This casserole also has sweet potato and brussels sprouts, and they’re accompanied by the delicious flavors of thyme, paprika, and cranberries.
Ingredients Needed for Healthy Chicken and Rice Casserole
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 ounces of chicken breast, small chunks
½ teaspoon paprika
1 red onion, chopped
1 sweet potato, small cubes
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup chicken stock
3 ounces of brussels sprouts, halved
1 cup wild rice, cooked
2 tablespoons of dried cranberry
1 ounce almonds
How to Make Healthy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and season it with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cook the chicken until evenly browned.
- Add the red onion in the remaining fat.
- Cook it for 1 minute and add the butternut squash, and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the chicken stock and simmer everything for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the brussels sprouts and simmer for 15 more minutes, lid on.
- Add the chicken, rice, cranberries, and give it a good stir.
- If you aren’t familiar on how to cook rice, here is a small tutorial.
- Next, move the dish in a baking tray and cook it for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.