Ingredients Needed for Healthy Chicken and Rice Casserole
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 ounces of chicken breast, small chunks
½ teaspoon paprika
1 red onion, chopped
1 sweet potato, small cubes
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup chicken stock
3 ounces of brussels sprouts, halved
1 cup wild rice, cooked
2 tablespoons of dried cranberry
1 ounce almonds
How to Cook Healthy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and season it with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cook the chicken until evenly browned.
- Add the red onion in the remaining fat.
- Cook it for 1 minute and add the butternut squash, and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the chicken stock and simmer everything for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the brussels sprouts and simmer for 15 more minutes, lid on.
- Add the chicken, rice, cranberries, and give it a good stir.
- If you aren’t familiar on how to cook rice, here is a small tutorial.
- Next, move the dish in a baking tray and cook it for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.