Ingredients Needed for Beef Tenderloin With Carrot and Celery Mash
4 ounces of celery root, diced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7 ounces of beef tenderloin
3 ounces of butter
¼ cup milk
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
worcester sauce (optional)
How to Cook Beef Tenderloin With Carrot and Celery Mash
- Add water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the celery root, carrot, some fresh thyme, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook everything for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
- In the meantime, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add the beef and season it with salt. Add some fresh thyme in the skillet. After flipping it over, add half of the the butter and let it melt.
- Cook the beef according to your preferences. If you like your beef to be rare, cook it for 2-3 minutes per side. If you prefer it medium, cook it for 4 minutes per side. And last, if you prefer it well done, keep it on heat for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Add the carrot and celery in a large bowl. Add milk, the remaining butter, salt, and pepper. Mash everything until smooth.
- Add the parmesan and combine everything.
- Serve the beef with the veggie mash and a light drizzle of worchestershire sauce on top!