Beef Tenderloin With Carrot and Celery Mash
What’s one of our go-to meals for dinner? A nice, juicy and delicious beef steak. We prefer it medium, but you can cook it just the way you like it and then follow the rest of our instructions. You’ll also need to pair it with a good side, and we think it goes great with this carrot and celery mash. Their sweet flavor and creamy texture really adds value to the dish.
Ingredients Needed for Beef Tenderloin With Carrot and Celery Mash
4 ounces of celery root, diced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7 ounces of beef tenderloin
3 ounces of butter
¼ cup milk
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
worcester sauce (optional)
How to Make Beef Tenderloin With Carrot and Celery Mash
- Add water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the celery root, carrot, some fresh thyme, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook everything for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
- In the meantime, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add the beef and season it with salt. Add some fresh thyme in the skillet. After flipping it over, add half of the the butter and let it melt.
- Cook the beef according to your preferences. If you like your beef to be rare, cook it for 2-3 minutes per side. If you prefer it medium, cook it for 4 minutes per side. And last, if you prefer it well done, keep it on heat for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Add the carrot and celery in a large bowl. Add milk, the remaining butter, salt, and pepper. Mash everything until smooth.
- Add the parmesan and combine everything.
- Serve the beef with the veggie mash and a light drizzle of worchestershire sauce on top!