Ingredients Needed for Beef and Mushroom Winter Stew
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound beef for stew, chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
7 ounces of mushroom
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
2 cups of beef stock
5 bay leaves
2 fresh thyme
1 teaspoon peppercorns
2 tablespoons of flour
How to Cook Beef and Mushroom Winter Stew
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the beef and season it with salt.
- Cook it until browned.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Mix the veggies with the browned beef, add the tomato sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Give it a good stir, pour the beef stock and add the bay leaves and thyme.
- Add a few peppercorns and the flour. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Move everything in a baking dish and cover with a lid.
- Slide the dish into the oven and cook for 90 minutes at 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.