Ingredients Needed for Basmati Rice With Smoked Trout
1 ounce butter (4 tablespoons)
2 medium onions, sliced
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups of chicken stock
14 ounces of smoked trout, deboned and shredded
fresh parsley for garnishing (chopped)
How to Make Basmati Rice With Smoked Trout
- Melt 1.5 ounces (3 tablespoons) butter in a medium cooking pot over low heat. Add the onion. Cook and stir until softened.
- Add the curry powder and stir it in. Add the rice and stir it in.
- Add the chicken stock and stir once or twice. Cook until it starts to bubble, then cover with the lid and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter, stir it in, then season with salt and pepper and stir some more. Remove from heat.
- Add the shredded trout and mix until even. Serve garnished with chopped parsley and boiled eggs.