Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Gruyere Frittata
3 tomatoes, halved
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon herbs de Provence
1 onion, diced
3.5 ounces of bacon, chopped
8 eggs, whisked
8 ounces of heavy cream
¼ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of chives, chopped
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
3.5 ounces of Gruyère, shredded
How to Cook Bacon and Gruyere Frittata
- Preheat the oven to 410˚F/210˚C.
- Place the tomato halves in a baking dish, cut-side up. Spread crushed garlic on them, drizzle 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle herbs de Provence, and season with salt. Move the dish to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a skillet. Add the onion, stir and cook it until it softens. Set aside.
- Take another skillet and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it. Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Combine the whisked eggs with the heavy cream, tomato sauce, chives, the cooked onion, and bacon.
- Grease with melted butter one tart pan (12-inch in diameter). Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Top with gruyere cheese and roasted tomatoes.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 300˚F/150˚C.