Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Cheese Bread Boat
3.5 ounces of bacon, cut into cubes
1 red onion, julienne sliced
½ cup sour cream
1 dill, chopped
1 bread loaf
1.75 ounces of butter, melted
3.5 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Bacon and Cheese Bread Boat
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the bacon, until crispy.
- Add the red onion, season with salt and pepper. Cook until the onion softens.
- Add the sour cream and dill and cook for a few more minutes.
- Cut the top of the bread loaf. Slice the top. Remove the crumbs from the bottom part.
- Grease the bread with melted butter.
- Add the sour cream and bacon mixture into the bread boat.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the stuffed bread boat on it, and top with shredded mozzarella. Add the bread slices in the tray.
- Bake the bread for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, dipping the toasted bread in the soft and creamy mixture!