Ingredients Needed for Asian Pork Dumplings
For the dough:
1 cup flour
⅓ cup hot water
For the stuffing:
12 ounces of pork mince
1 medium onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons soy sauce
How to Cook Asian Pork Dumplings
- Strain the flour into the dough mixer bowl. Season with salt and add the hot water. Mix until you have a dough.
- Form it into a ball, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add the mince, onion, egg, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil to a bowl. Mix until even.
- Dust the work surface with flour. Form dough discs 2.5 – 3 inches in diameter using the rolling pin. We’ve got 12 of them.
- Top each disc with approximately 1 ounce of ground meat. For each one, fold upwards two opposing sides of the disc. Wrap and pinch them along the opposing edges on top the stuffing, so that they somehow resemble half-moons.
- Transfer them to a roomy flour-dusted baking pan, cover it with a kitchen towel and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil into a larger skillet over medium heat. Place the dumplings upwards and fry for 2 minutes, or until the base is golden brown.
- Add the water into the pan and quickly cover with the lid. Cook for 6 minutes. Transfer on a serving tray.