Ingredients Needed for Tuna and Pistachio Couscous
1 pound couscous
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 pounds of blackfin tuna, cleaned
4 teaspoons of vegetable oil
2 onions, cubed
4 pancettas slices, chopped
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 chili, sliced
2 tablespoons of pistachio, crumbled
3 ounces of cherry tomato, sliced
How to Cook Tuna and Pistachio Couscous
- Add the couscous to a bowl, cover it with boiled water and add the olive oil. Stir in and soak for 7 minutes.
- Place the fish on the work surface, cut off its head and tail and discard them. Cut the fish into thicker steaks and season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a grill pan over medium heat and add the tuna steaks. Grill for 5 minutes on both sides.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a pan over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Add the pancetta and stir it in. Add the oregano and do the same.
- Add the soaked couscous, soy sauce, and chili. Season with salt and add the pistachio. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking dish, add the sliced cherry tomatoes and the grilled tuna steaks, then bake for 6-8 minutes at 340⁰F/170⁰C.