Ingredients Needed for Special Thanksgiving Turkey
19 pounds of whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 onions s, chopped
2 red onions s, chopped
10 mushrooms, sliced
3 ounces of celery, chopped
1 cup white wine
5 ounces of ham, diced
1 teaspoon paprika powder
10 ounces of bread, sliced in large chunks
1 cup chicken stock
4 red chilis es
3 ounces of butter
7 ounces of butter
1 cup white wine
1 cheese cloth
How to Cook Special Thanksgiving Turkey
- Wash the turkey, inside and out, and dry well.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook it for 2 minutes, until translucent. Add the mushrooms, celery and green apple. Stir in the pan. Pour 1/2 cup of wine and add the chopped ham. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika powder. Cook the mixture for 6-8 minutes, until the veggies soften.
- In the meantime, add the bread chunks in a large bowl. Add the chicken stock and the remaining white wine. Add parsley, salt, and red chilies.
- Add the veggie mixture and mix.
- Take the turkey and place the stuffing into its the cavity. You can secure the filling using a whole apple.
- Use a string to secure the turkey. Wrap the string around the turkey, and make 2 knots, one to secure the legs, and one at the opposite end. Grab the butter and slowly rub it over the turkey.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add 1 cup of wine. While on heat add the cheesecloth in the pan, and let it soak in this wet mixture.
- Wrap the turkey with the cheesecloth to prevent the top skin from burning. Place the turkey in a roasting pan in the center of the oven and roast it for the next 4-5 hours.
- After about 3 hours of cooking, remove the cheesecloth from the turkey and return it in the oven.
- When the turkey it’s done, take it out from the oven, transfer it to a big platter and let it sit half an hour before you remove the stuffing.