Roasted Tomato Soup
Of course, you can get some store-bought tomato soup or gazpacho anytime you’re in a hurry. But we promise that nothing compares to this homemade roasted tomato soup, especially if you serve it with pine nuts and dried tomato topping!
Ingredients Needed for Roasted Tomato Soup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7 tomatoes, medium size
2 red onions s, julienne slices
4 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon paprika powder
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon pine nut
½ teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon grated parmesan
How to Make Roasted Tomato Soup
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a stainless steel skillet.
- Place the tomatoes in it and cook them on all sides until they make brown spots. Remove the tomatoes and set them aside.
- Add the red onion in the same skillet, then add the garlic, salt, paprika powder, pepper, sugar, and the balsamic vinegar. Mix and cook until the onion softens.
- Return the tomatoes to the skillet. Add the chicken stock.
- Transfer the skillet to oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Put the veggie mixture in a blender. Pulse until you make a creamy soup.
- Add the heavy cream and pulse a few more seconds.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and put them in a bowl. Add the pine nuts, olive oil, and grated parmesan. Mix them.
- Toast the bread and cut it into strips.
- Serve the roasted tomato soup with pine nuts and tomato topping and toasted bread.