Ingredients Needed for Spaghetti All’Amatriciana
5 ounces of spaghetti
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
5 ounces of bacon, chopped
½ teaspoon chili flakes
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
7 ounces of canned tomatoes
½ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Cook Spaghetti All’Amatriciana
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and place it over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and the dried spaghetti.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crispy.
- Add the chili flakes, onion, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the canned tomatoes and the drained spaghetti.
- Cook for 2 minutes, while stirring in the process. If the mixture seems too dry, you can add some more pasta water.
- Add the shredded parmesan and leave the dish on heat for 1 more minute.