Ingredients Needed for Paleo Waffles
1 ¼ cups of almond flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup coconut milk
¼ cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
How to Cook Paleo Waffles
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix them together.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
- Add the yolks to another bowl. Add the coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Whisk.
- Combine the yolk mixture with the dry ingredients and set aside so the coconut flour absorbs the liquid.
- Beat the egg whites on high speed with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form, then fold egg whites into the batter to combine.
- Heat your waffle maker and grease it with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into the center of waffle maker, gently spreading just a bit before closing. Cook waffles according to your waffle iron’s instructions, usually for 4-6 minutes.
- You will make about 4-6 waffles. Serve them with maple syrup.