Ingredients Needed for One-Skillet Sausage and Rice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 ounce butter
½ white onion, chopped
2 sausages s, sliced
½ red bell pepper, diced
½ yellow bell pepper, diced
¼ zucchini, diced
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon paprika powder
5 ounces of arborio rice
1 cup chicken stock
¼ cup tomato sauce
1 ounce parmesan
How to Cook One-Skillet Sausage and Rice
- Put the vegetable oil and the butter in a skillet, on medium heat, and let the butter melt.
- Add the onion and braise until it turns soft and translucent.
- Add the sausage and fry it.
- Add the red and yellow bell pepper and zucchini, then stir.
- Add dried basil, paprika powder, and the dried tomato. Mix and cook until the vegetables soften.
- Wash the rice, strain, and add it to the skillet, then mix. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, mix, and continue to cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Grate the parmesan and add it to the pan.
- If you want, add some more butter and keep on heat for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve warm with some more grated parmesan on top.