Pan-Fried Pork Belly With Soy Honey Glaze
Did you know that you can upgrade the already super-tasty pan-fried pork belly? You can do it the Asian way, by spicing them and shortly marinating them in soy sauce, honey, and brown sugar. Serve them with sweetened carrots and sour pickles. Now, is this salty sweetness or, sweet saltiness?
Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Pork Belly With Soy Honey Glaze
3 ounces pork belly, sliced (6 strips)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
4 carrots, julienned
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
6 lettuce leaves
3 pickles, julienned
sesame seeds (for garnishing)
How to Make Pan-Fried Pork Belly With Soy Honey Glaze
- Lay the pork slices in a roomy tray or dish. Drizzle with soy sauce and honey.
- Add the brown sugar and season with the Chinese five-spice and nutmeg. Carefully pat to coat the slices of pork. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrot sticks to a bowl, sprinkle them with sugar, and drizzle them with lemon juice.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and transfer the marinated slices of pork belly to it.
- Fry for 8-10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Lay each slice on a lettuce leaf, then top with julienned carrot and pickles. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- You can serve them with a hot red sauce.