Ingredients Needed for Pan-Fried Pork Belly With Soy Honey Glaze
3 ounces pork belly, sliced (6 strips)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
4 carrots, julienned
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
6 lettuce leaves
3 pickles, julienned
sesame seeds (for garnishing)
How to Cook Pan-Fried Pork Belly With Soy Honey Glaze
- Lay the pork slices in a roomy tray or dish. Drizzle with soy sauce and honey.
- Add the brown sugar and season with the Chinese five-spice and nutmeg. Carefully pat to coat the slices of pork. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrot sticks to a bowl, sprinkle them with sugar, and drizzle them with lemon juice.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and transfer the marinated slices of pork belly to it.
- Fry for 8-10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Lay each slice on a lettuce leaf, then top with julienned carrot and pickles. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- You can serve them with a hot red sauce.