Ingredients Needed for Hummus Lamb Burger With Fried Chickpeas
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon paprika
8 ounces of canned chickpeas
5 ounces of hummus
1 red bell pepper, roasted
fresh mint leaves
12 ounces of lamb mince
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
4 sesame burger buns
4 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
How to Make Hummus Lamb Burger With Fried Chickpeas
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over low heat and add the turmeric, paprika, and salt to taste. Cook and stir until it sizzles.
- Add the chickpeas and stir them in for up to 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the hummus, red bell pepper, and mint leaves to a blender. Blend then set aside.
- Add the lamb mince, cumin seeds, salt to taste, and a drizzle of olive oil to a bowl. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Shape burger patties from the minced meat mixture (we’ve made 4 of them). Press them between parchment paper sheets.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Fry each patty for 6 minutes on both sides.
- Horizontally cut the buns in half. Optionally, you can brown them a little in buttered pan. Coat their lower halves with hummus mixture, garnish with fresh mint and add the patties. Top with more hummus mixture, pomegranate seeds, and the upper bun halves.
- Serve the burgers with a bowl of fried chickpeas.