Ingredients Needed for Ginger and Soy Sauce Glazed Pork Belly With Dates
14 ounces of pork belly, cut into 3 pieces
¼ cup soy sauce
1.5 inches of - ginger root, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons of chili sauce
3 garlic cloves, slices
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
½ cup beer
2 potatoes, boiled and cut into cubes
2 spring onions s, thin sliced
1 teaspoon mustard
½ teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 dates s, pitted, halves
How to Cook Ginger and Soy Sauce Glazed Pork Belly With Dates
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Put the pork belly in a medium bowl and pour the soy sauce over it.
- Throw in the same bowl half of the ginger quantity, add the chili sauce, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of black sesame seeds, and the beer.
- Marinate the meat for 1 hour.
- Put the pork belly into a square ceramic baking tray and pour the marinade over it.
- Roast it for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the potato, spring onion and mustard in a bowl.
- Season with herb salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Add the remaining black sesame seeds. Mix everything and to make the potato salad.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the remaining ginger. Add the dates and cook them together for 1 more minute. Add 2 tablespoons of soy and chili sauce (into which you roasted the pork belly) and 1 or 2 tablespoons of water and simmer.
- Add the cooked pork belly in the same skillet. Cook it until the sauce reduces and the meat begines to caramelize.
- Serve the pork belly with the potato salad.