Ingredients Needed for Black Rice, Quinoa and Tuna Bowl
½ cup black rice
½ cup quinoa
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
5 ounces of canned tuna in oil
1 avocado, sliced
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
How to Make Black Rice, Quinoa and Tuna Bowl
- Add water in a saucepan, place it over medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Add the black rice and cook it according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meantime, add water in a separate saucepan, place it on the heated stove, bring it to a boil and add the quinoa.
- The water-quinoa ratio should be 2:1. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Place the carrot and cucumber on a wooden board and slice them into thin sticks.
- When the quinoa is cooked strain the excess water, if necessary. Transfer the quinoa on a plate and pat it into an even layer. Set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Also strain the cooked rice, pat it into an even layer on a plate, and set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa and black rice in a large salad bowl. Add rice vinegar and combine everything.
- Divide the quinoa and black rice in 2 separate bowls.
- Top each bowl with equal quantities of carrot and cucumber sticks, tuna, avocado, nori, and sesame seeds.