Ingredients Needed for Fried Halibut With Tomato and Olive Sauce
½ cup flour
½ cup cornmeal
9 ounces of halibut fillet, sliced into strips
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
½ cup canned tomatoes
3 lemons slices
5 green olives
How to Cook Fried Halibut With Tomato and Olive Sauce
- Mix the flour with cornmeal and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Use the mixture to coat the halibut fillets. Cook them until golden on all sides.
- Separately, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the halibut fingers and cook them until golden and crispy.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and canned tomatoes.
- Add lemon slices, olives, parsley, and cook everything for 1-2 minutes.
- Use it as a side for the breaded halibut.