Ingredients Needed for Homemade Flatbread
⅔ cup warm water
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make Homemade Flatbread
- Add the warm water in a large bowl. Add the active dry yeast and mix with a spatula for it to be dissolved in the water. Add 1 cup of flour, and again, mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt, olive oil, mix, and move it into your mixer bowl.
- Start running the mixer over medium speed. Add the remaining flour and mix the dough for 4-5 minutes, until it is smooth and sticky.
- Grease the bottom of a bowl with a touch of olive oil, move the dough inside, cover it with a towel, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Spread some flour on your working surface and divide the dough into 8 dough balls, around 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter.
- Cover the balls with a towel and let them rise for 20 minutes.
- Grab each ball and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a drop of olive oil. Heat it and evenly spread it into the skillet.
- Add the dough and cook it for 2-3 minutes per side, until it is dry, and lightly golden on the sides.