Ingredients Needed for Clay Pot Chicken Roast
1 whole chicken
½ medium lemon, cubed
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, minced
½ red cabbage, shredded
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 medium apple, sliced
How to Cook Clay Pot Chicken Roast
- Place the chicken inside a roomy clay pot. Add the cubed lemon, garlic, olive oil, and rosemary sprigs. Cover with the lid and bake covered for 60 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove the lid and bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the red cabbage, season with salt and pepper, then stir in. Add the lemon juice and stir some more.
- Add the apple slices, stir them in, then cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with the chicken.