Chicken and Mushroom Quinoa Risotto
Are you a fan of risotto, but you’re also afraid of those pesky little carbs? You can replace rice with something healthier, like quinoa, and still obtain a delicious flavor and texture. Add some chicken breast, mushrooms (the more exotic, the better), a bit of spinach, and a touch of parmesan.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Mushroom Quinoa Risotto
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7 ounces of chicken breast, cubed
2 ounces of brown mushrooms, sliced
2 ounces of shimeji mushroom
2 ounces of enoki mushroom
1 spring onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup quinoa
½ cup white wine
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup parmesan, shredded
2 ounces of baby spinach
How to Make Chicken and Mushroom Quinoa Risotto
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken cubes and cook them for 15 minutes, or until golden, on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and add the mushrooms to the remaining fat. Cook them for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- Next, take them out and add the spring onion and garlic. Cook a few seconds, until they soften, then add the quinoa.
Pour the white wine and chicken stock. Stir.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer everything for 15 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken to the cooked quinoa. Season with salt, pepper, and give it a good stir.
- Stir in the parmesan and fresh baby spinach, and cook for 1-2 more minutes!