Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
2 ounces of sun-dried tomato
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of flour
⅔ cup tomato sauce
⅔ cup tomato juice
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
8 ounces of cooked beef, chopped (for the stuffing)
1 cup queso fresco for the stuffing
2 cups of low moisture mozzarella, grated (½ for the stuffing,½ for the topping)
1 cup sour cream for serving
2 chilis for garnishing
How to Cook Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add the water and blend some more. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pot over low heat and add the flour. Cook and whisk for 10 – 20 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce. Continually whisk until even. Add the sun-dried tomato mixture and stir it in.
- Add the tomato juice while whisking, then add and stir in the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and brown sugar. Cook until it starts to bubble, then remove from heat.
- Spread 2 tablespoons from this tomato sauce on each tortilla. Roll even amounts of beef, queso fresco, and low moisture mozzarella in each tortilla.
- Place the tortillas in a roomy baking dish and cover with the remaining tomato sauce. Top with the remaining cup of mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Serve garnished with sour cream and red chili.