Calories: 668 kCal / serving
- 33 g
- 32 g
- 28 g
Ingredients Needed for Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Meatballs
9 ounces of chicken mince
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, grated
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce
3.5 ounces of cheddar
½ cup flour
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Meatballs
- Add the chicken mince in a large bowl.
- Season it with salt, oregano, paprika powder, nutmeg and pepper. Add the barbecue sauce.
- Mix everything with a spoon to ensure the ingredients are evenly combined.
- In the meantime, slice the Cheddar cheese in small cubes, around 1/3 inch (0.8 cm) thick.
- Pinch off a piece of the meat mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a small meatball, around 1-2 inch (2,5 cm – 4 cm) in diameter. Make room in the middle using a finger and add 1 Cheddar cube. Shape the meatballs.
- Add the flour, whisked eggs, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. Coat the meatballs in flour, then in whisked eggs and finally in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and deep fry the meatballs for 8-10 minutes, until well browned on all sides.