Ingredients Needed for Bacon-Wrapped Onion and Sausage Balls
12 ounces of sausage meat
¼ cup breadcrumbs
2 ounces of ground parmesan
1 teaspoon hot pepper
How to Cook Bacon-Wrapped Onion and Sausage Balls
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Mix the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, egg yolk, ground parmesan, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Cut the onions in half. Remove the first layer and keep the larger exterior layers.
- Take the larger onion layers and fill them with the sausage meat mix.
- Stick two halves of onion layers together in order to make an onion ball filled with meat.
- Form 6 onion balls.
- Display 3 slices of bacon in a flower pattern.
- Put the onion ball in the middle of the bacon flower.
- Wrap the ball in bacon, by making all the slices meet on the top of the onion.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Do the same for all of the onion and sausage balls.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- You can serve the dish on a bed of baby spinach and onion rings.