1 hour 10 minutes
Blueberries are great additions to cakes, not only for their nice color, but for their freshness too. You can enjoy this blueberry cake as a sweet afternoon treat or even as your breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (135 grams) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (170 grams) ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (280 grams) flour
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) blueberries, raw
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Put the butter in your kitchen aid mixing bowl. Add the sugar.
- Process until the butter and sugar combine, and the sugar melts.
- Add the eggs and the ricotta cheese. Process further.
- Add the lemon zest and baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour, one spoon at a time, until you make a creamy thick batter. Stop the kitchen aid.
- Add the blueberries and mix with a spoon to incorporate them into the batter.
- Lay a tart tray with parchment paper and add the blueberry batter.
- Bake it for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar with lemon juice for the glaze.
- Before removing the cake from the oven, test it using a toothpick: prick the cake and, if the toothpick is clean and dry when you take it out, the cake is baked. If not, continue to bake it for another 3-5 minutes.
- Slice the cake and serve it with lemon glaze.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 303 kcal
- 14 g
- 7 g
- 37 g