Strawberry and Vanilla Pudding Cake
6 hours 40 minutes
This cake may seem simple, but sure it has a few elements that can surprise those who try it - a crispy bottom layer, flavored with sugar and cinnamon, vanilla pudding, and lots of fresh strawberries.
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 ounces (55 grams) butter
- 1 cup (140 grams) flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 4 ounces (110 grams) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 12-15 fresh strawberries
- Bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and then add the butter. Stir, and after it melts, add the flour. Whisk it with the butter, until it reaches a light-brown, golden color. Add the eggs and whisk them in as well. Leave it on heat for 1 more minute.
- Mix the sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl. Add half of this mix on the bottom of a small round cake tray, around 5 inches (12.5 cm). Evenly spread the dough over the sugar. Top it with 1 more teaspoon of the sugar mix. Refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry the dough for 2-3 minutes, until golden and crispy. Take it out, top it with the remaining sugar mix, and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, you can make the vanilla pudding. Beat the pudding mix and milk with a whisk for 2 min. The pudding will be soft-set in 5 min. Makes 4 (1/2-cup) servings. Mix the gelatin with 1/4 cup (65 ml) water in a small bowl. Whisk the gelatin into the pudding.
- Place the crispy dough back in the cake tray, and pour half of the pudding over it. Top it with the strawberries, and the remaining pudding.
- Refrigerate it for 2 more hours before serving!
Nutrition Per Serving
- 349 kcal
- 17 g
- 9 g
- 40 g