Vienna Sausage and Beef Bread Boats
Breakfast & Brunch
If you're into hot dogs, then you’ll love these Vienna sausage and beef bread boats! They’re similar to hot dogs, but have some interesting add-ons like smokey bacon, juicy ground beef, and lots of melting mozzarella!
- 4 Vienna sausages
- 4 bacon slices
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, slices
- 1 cup (200 grams) canned tomatoes, chopped
- 10 ounces (300 grams) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 baguettes (about 15 inches/40 cm length)
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) low moisture mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Wrap each Vienna sausage in one bacon slice.
- Place them into a baking tray and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Add the red onion and cook it until it softens.
- Add the garlic, stir, then add the tomatoes.
- When the sauce starts to simmer, add the ground beef.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the vinegar.
- Stir again and let it simmer until the meat is cooked through.
- Cut off the top of the baguettes and remove some of their crumb to make them look like boats.
- Lay a baking tray with parchment paper and add the baguettes. Place two roasted bacon-wrapped Vienna sausages into each baguette.
- Add a layer of cooked beef and then a layer of shredded mozzarella.
- Transfer the baguettes to the oven and bake them for 15 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Slice and serve!
Nutrition Per Serving
- 543 kcal
- 37 g
- 32 g
- 20 g