Ingredients Needed for Falafel
14 ounces of canned chickpeas
1 medium onion, diced
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon dried coriander
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons of peppercorns, crushed
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons of flour
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon hot chili sauce for garnishing
How to Cook Falafel
- Add the canned chickpeas, onion, parsley, cumin powder, paprika, baking soda, dried coriander, garlic powder, peppercorns, olive oil, lemon juice, and flour to the mixer bowl. Mix until even.
- Start forming balls from the mixture. We’ve got around 12-14 balls.
- Fill a cooking pot halfway with vegetable oil and heat it over medium-high.
- Deep-fry the balls, then transfer them on paper towels.
- Serve them garnished with hot chili sauce.