Got some pork and want to try something new with it? Try making some Mexican-inspired tacos! Cook the pork with a bit of seasoning and a rich tomato sauce, and serve it wrapped in a tortilla, with some chili and avocado.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 ounces (285 grams) pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup (250 grams) canned tomatoes
- 1/2 lime
- 1 green chili, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 4 avocado slices
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pork tenderloin and cook it until well browned.
- Remove it from the skillet, and in the remaining fat, add the red onion and garlic.
- Cook them for 1 minute, and season with cumin, coriander, and bay leaf.
- Pour the canned tomatoes and cook to reduce the sauce.
- Squeeze the juice out of half a lime, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pork, and cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Assemble the tacos. Grab the tortilla wraps, and fill them with the cooked pork. Add 2 avocado slices and sliced chili.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 531 kcal
- 21 g
- 38 g
- 50 g